Thread: Bad Boy Mowers
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Look, I like BB design (Outlaw XP ONLY) and i think they are really close to becoming competitive in the ztr market. I like their swing away design, i like that they are thinking suspension even though Ferris owns this, i like the components they use, their deck is unproven at this time but i believe in due time it will become proven if BB listens and does some real R&D. Having said all that, with the amount of mowers they have sold and the amount of unhappy consumers from LS that can not be ignored. Seriously

To the guy who says all components are the same. The is some truth to this but not completely. Engines and hydros, yea prob.... Thats not the entire product though, find another ZTR with spindles like my Ferris, the answer is Husqvarna is the next closest (not BB, Scag, Toro,etc...) but they are no Hercules to be clear The list goes on and on, deck, ride comfort, stout design, parts availability, dealer support, demo availability, and what i think to be equally as important to cut quality is their line up of products in the turf care market.

No doubt BB may compete, just not now and thats ok. Evolution will take place if they are smart.

Btw, to the same guy who said i think my mower is better because i paid more, actually i paid 9519 for my Ferris IS3100Z. Which if spec'd apples to apples is less than your beloved BB OXP. In fact its tough to even find a BB model that specs close to my Ferris. Once you throw in the ROPS, weight is the same for OXP but the pumps and motors are smaller, don't see a hydro cooler, stand stripe kit nope.....and BB is more $$$$ plus the only BB refused to let me demo.

To each his own, but until BB can do this

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=361871

I'll run Ferris
XP with 36hp Vanguard 61" is $8399, add the ROPS for $299, and you are at $8698 retail.
Ok, I admit, the Ferris rides a little better than the xp but not by much. Add the Grammer MSG/65 to the Bad Boy when ordering which in turn rides better than the ferris (only if ferris doesnt have same seat which is a $650 upgrade to $10182) and that puts you at $8998 total.
Ok pump size, the Ferris has BDP-10A-432
HYDRO-GEAR MODEL#: PG-3GAQ-NZ1X-XXXX Which unless I am mistaken is a 12cc pump same as the xp, but just in case its the 16, lets put the 21cc pumps on the xp for you as an upgrade, and add $800 to your mower price which is at $9798 now, yeah $200 more, but look at the package, more hp, better pumps, deck, etc.
The deck is 5 guage metal which is nearly 37% stouter than any deck in the market, pair it with the 4 rail 11guage 2x2 frame, the swing out design and the bb which is the easiest mower to work on in the market, add the new spindle design, the cut (which is already getting known as having one of the best striping capabilities without using a roller) the new 12 design which improved the capability to handle tall grass more, and the dual reservoirs on the hydros, which prolly arent as good as the new oil cooler on the Ferris, but gotta be dang close and nicer if oil gets contaminated....
Gives you a 21cc pump, 36hp Monster with a $1100 retail seat on it for $9789, paired with the 2 year commercial parts and labor warranty should give the 3100 a runnin for the money...
I had Ferris come by a couple of times with the program, and even last years pricing puts the 3100 at $12000 retail, i know most mower companies retail dont mean anything like cars, but I know some people that paid $11000 for the 31 anyways, If I was the bb dealer you came and asked for a demo with you would've had the demo (in fact I honestly have 6 demoes out right now as I am typing this through Thursday as I am going to the BB meeting till then...) along with "what could I do to earn your biz speech" and "what do you hate about the mower" so we can customize, and you would've walked away in our hat and tshirt and our customer for life even if you hated the BB (which I have never had anybody actually hate any mower, its always small things people would like better...), we are a pretty diversified dealer offering Hustler and Grasshopper too which both have the ability to ride close to the same or better than the Ferris too with some add-ons if thats the cup of tea the customer is looking for...

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"

Last edited by retrodog; 10-06-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Page generated in 0.03947 seconds with 7 queries