View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Need some help/opinions on a sprayer/spreader.

Hey guys, need some help making a decision on what set up to purchase. I'll just get to the details to help you, help me. Going to go into fert. a bit more next season. Right now the only thing I use (and need to use) is a new Lesco 80lb hopper spreader and sub out my liquid applications. My hopes are to obviously build my customer base to enough that I can fert. at least 3 days/week all day b/c I still have to run a f/t mowing crew. I know I don't "need" a liquid spray tank set up but from what I've read and heard, I will get much better results. So the real question I have is do I go with a spray tank (more for the weed control application) and keep using the push spreader or bite the bullet and start looking into a ride on spreader that does both. A 300 gallon Lesco tank all set up is going to cost me around 4500.00 and from what I've seen on line etc. a rider spreader that does liquid too is going to cost me anywhere from 8-10k. In our area there is TG/CL, Perf-A-Lawn, both of which don't have a good reputation and a couple local guys who just fert. but they are pricey compared to the other two. I want to fall somewhere just under the local guys and just above the other two and so far with the lawns I do I'm right there and making a good profit. Any help is much appreciated.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net

Page generated in 0.03893 seconds with 7 queries