View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here's my opinion....First off, how many calls are you actually getting and more importantly how many jobs have you landed. If your only talking a few here and there then rent one until you have consistent work for it and by consistent work I mean actually using it a bunch of times a season. For 10k your probably going to find something very old and in the 50'ish horse power range but old doesn't mean bad all the time, these things are made to run a long time if cared for. Ours is a 99 (I think) New Holland LX665 turbo and so far we've put about 3k into it but its made me 20 times that back! Just be prepared, when things break they can get very expensive. I dont like BobCats, I think they are too short and bounce everywhere, CAT's are pricey no matter their age, Case, NewHolland and JD seem to be work horses and keep running and can usually find them and parts for them relatively easy. Check in your area to see what dealers you have close by, there's no sense buying a NH or Case if there's no dealer close by or at least check with them to see if they can or would be willing to work on another brand. I've taken my NH to the BobCat dealer many times.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net

Page generated in 0.03405 seconds with 7 queries