View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
How is the ride stock compared to the old one, one outfit told me they did not like it at speed stock and said the old XR7 was more forgiving. He claimed you could not mow at 15 because the mower would chatter shake bad so you could not utilize the speed like the old one. If so I wonder if the solid front wheels are the culprit?

The demo I used today had flex forks so I wonder if they are pushing it as a band aid stock to solve a possible problem? They may have taken all the flex out of the chasses and the added weight does make a machine beat you more or is this just in my head and he was full of BS the guy who told me this?

I think I did notice how stiff the machine was,just solid as hell, a tank feeling.But it did not feel as solid as say the Cub Cadet Tank!

Thanks for helping.
The person you talked to has a mower problem. I've been running most of the afternoon full stick, and would not want a better riding, or smoother operating mower. The added weight and longer wheel base alone will make my 72 ride much better than yours, and I know this for a fact from comparing it side by side with my 66. The lighter weight and shorter wheel base on my old mower and yours produces a little choppier ride in comparison to the added weight and longer wheel base of the newly designed Super Z.

Page generated in 0.03995 seconds with 7 queries