View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Scag was the other mower I was tossing up on, it was between scag and hustler, chose hustler as it seemed to be the strongest of the two and offered the 37 hp.

Do you recal whether the scag was rough at slower speeds? say 5 MPH. This hustler is rough at all speeds, in fact if you go slow enough you can actually feel the bumps even more than going a little quicker you skip over them a little better. I have put 15hrs on the mower so far and havent been able to find a speed or particular style of mowing which is not overly rough. Im sure if I go 1-3 kph I would not feel the bumps but this is un-realistic for cutting 3-4, 5 acre blocks per day.

pneaumatic tires may be worth a try, they may soak up the uneven terrain before sending the shock through the chassis. But i dont want to throw any money at it, if the dealer are prepared to do this that would be ok, the mechanic tried a set of standard non flex forks on it and didnt think there was a noticable difference in the ride. I would have liked to try myself. But really I dont have time to be sourcing the parts etc needed for this, Its coming into busy season and I just want to get on with work and making money out of the $18000 investment.
The Scag TT is a rough riding mower,the Scag Cheetah is supposed to ride like a Caddy as well as the new Gravely are supposed to ride better than the old Super Z. Here in FL where I am my Super stock you can just give it the sticks and it is plush.

Have you tried lower tire pressure ? for sure try to find some air tires just to try,it only takes 10 minutes or less to swap. You may need flex forks.

You should try and work with the mower,every dealer has told me as far as quality it is in a class by itself and hustler really is good about warranty work.

What other z's have you owned?

Page generated in 0.04020 seconds with 7 queries