Thread: Bad Boy Mowers
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
This is my personal opinion and reason I have never considered a BB. I dont think BB's fit and finish is as good as others but Im very picky as an ex master tech and basically growing up in a machine shop. I also think they are built more for mass production with basic designs. But this allows them to offer their mowers at a lower price than most. Also we no longer have dealers in NH as BB has been dropped.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey GMLC, lord knows I don't want to fire up another ""BB debate" but what specifically isn't up to your standards? I mean, be specific, don't just make a sweeping comment like "the fit and finish aren't as good". Exactly what did you see that was inferior, and where did you see it?

And now BB is bad because they're mass produced....what isn't? This is what I'm talking about, keep slinging stuff at the wall hoping something will stick. And when it doesn't....throw something else. First I've heard of BB being "more massed produced" than all of the others.

If you knew my background I don't think you'd find too many people more picky than I am. I drive some people nuts because of being so particular.

So keeping that in mind, the welds and the finish on my Lightning are as good or better than any other I've seen. The welds are done by robotic welders that are, in my opinion, as good as it gets, and the powder coating is a helluva lot better than paint.

I will agree that they aren't as sleek as some especially (when looking from a side view) and the "wing" isn't something I would have done had I designed the mower, but come on....what's next? BB isn't as good because they're that particular shade of orange?

If I remember correctly you didn't think anything could touch the value of Scag but now you're pretty much saying the same about Gravely. You might feel that way about other products if you open your mind to different things.

Stan

Page generated in 0.03287 seconds with 7 queries