View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
How do you guys handle irrigation heads in turf area?

I've got some that the LCO before me has been trimming to dirt around the heads with the trimmer, these look like crop circles to me.

I've got some that I keep just the bare minimum around the head cleaned out so the they can rise and retract without a problem.

I've got a couple new properties that I haven't even seen where the heads are, will be running systems in the next week to find all heads.

I don't like the looks of the donuts though several customers have them.
Look into Sprinkler head Cutters that attach in place of the Weed Eater string cutter Head. Yes this requires having an extra weed eater. One week you run the edger and the next you cut sprinklers head. Paying attention to details is what make you a success. Learning not to scalp with a weed eater is like one huge step in the process of giving professional work. Diagonal Cut patterns that vary from week to week show a real care for your work.

A Laborer Works with his hands and Back

A Craftsman Works with his hands and his Head

A Artist Works with his Hands, Head and Heart.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03254 seconds with 7 queries