Thread: Bad Boy Mowers
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Stan,

These are my personal opinions which Im qualified to speak on.
I have gone into detail before and it got twisted into a sarcastic joke. I spent a good amount of time at the BB booth at the Grow's Show especially around the stander. The use of 90 degree angles without bracing or bends will stress welds and increase chances of bending the front end or frame. The reason BB does this is for simple jig set up for robots on the assembly line. It is considered cutting corners in the machine shop production world. Most major brands dont do this but its very common on chinese mowers. It saves a ton of money so costs come down. I personally was not impressed with the welds and lack of design finish. Again to lower cost. I have posted many pictures of my opinions in past threads showing all of this and more. Your reply was a sarcastic joke on angles. I suggest spending some time in a machine shop. Also you may just be shocked at how many mowers are still hand made and welded but thats a whole different argument...
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not aware of BB having anymore problems with their frames than anyone else....are you? If they can save money by not using curves, and the quality doesn't suffer, then great!

As I said before, my son owns a 252 that listed for more than my Lightning and anyone seeing them side by side in person couldn't possible say that the 252 is heavier built, in fact I think almost all would say the opposite....and that includes "fit and finish".

I'm very happy with my BB and when I hear negative remarks that I feel aren't warranted I'm gonna speak up...just like you would if someone persistently took (what you felt were) unfair "pot shots" at Scag or Gravely.

Page generated in 0.03282 seconds with 7 queries