View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I watched all the videos. IMO, one thing that would help would be to stiffen up the suspension seat a bit. It appears to be set very soft to help the ride, but what it is actually doing is bouncing and bucking in reaction to every single bump, large or small. Make the seats suspension have to soak up some of the bump before it starts moving/flexing. Make sure your air gauge is working correctly, because to me it also looks like the rears are still over-inflated like they come from the factory for shipping purposes.

Last. Just because it is a stout machine with suspension seat and flex forks, and is supposed to go 15 MPH, doesn't meant that all that will automatically make it ride smoother than everything else out there. Rough ground is rough ground no matter what your one, and even the best suspension system out right now will still buck some.
This is very true, and there are places you must slow down, not that I like to, but it is necessary if you care to stay in the seat. There is also a difference in rough ground with bumps here and there, compared to this washboard ground he is cutting in the video. I run run wide open and take a pretty good bump in stride because of allowing the mower to smooth out before hitting the next rough spot. The washboard affect never gives your mower time to level out, it hits one high spot, goes down, and then immediately goes up on the next high spot. This would give you the ride that is showing in the video, one comparable of riding a bucking horse.

Page generated in 0.03398 seconds with 7 queries