View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

This seems to be the industry standard right now. With so many lazy people out there its tough to find even mediocre help. You will have far less stress when either solo or running a 1 man crew. Its a nasty circle, solo limits the amount of income you can make and types of properties you can do, if you get hurt or sick your basically screwed. BUT...the stress level is much lower, the quality control is much better and you pocket all the money minus the usual expenses. Running a crew has its goods and bads too. Trust me guys, the big box stores, condo complexes, big estates sometimes aren't worth the headaches! We started out like many, part time with 1 great helper then made the jump to f/t and running 2 crews. It's had it's share of ups and downs and honestly more downs. Just like today, as I'm sitting here typing I'm wondering why hasn't any of my guys texted me to see if we're working! We have been plagued with employee problems this year. Last week there was 2 of us trying to mow and catch up on 140 lawns! We did it but it's something I dont want to do every week. We're actually down sizing next season to where I can comfortably run 1 f/t and 1 p/t person and leave me to do more fert. and estimates.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net

Page generated in 0.03950 seconds with 7 queries