View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Valley Lawn Service View Post
My first year I asked some people if they were interested in me mowing there yard. They said they had somebody but wanted a quote. I have them one and told them to call if it didn't work with other guy. Got the account later in season cause of things he didn't mow. Wen ever I get an account I do wat has been being done plus a little extra if possible.
The lady said she wasnt impressed with their trimming around some of the edges, she said it was too short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkingforever View Post
I try to be respectful of other legit lcos. Business is business though and if it is was a service issue I would take the account. On the hand you will be mowing next to these guys for years to come.

I had a similar situation last year where I turned away a good customer. I have 8 yards on this one particular street. A lady in between 2 of the houses I do wanted me to mow her yard. I know the guy who mows her yard currently. She said it made sense for me to mow since I was already mowing all of her neighbors. She said there were no service issues at all. I declined the yard, and she understood. I have had these 8 yards for years and this guy has been mowing this yard for awhile also. He has never once has approached any of my 8 customers on that street. The guy even has offered me some business in the past on some smaller yards he did not want. I did not take him up on the offer but it was still a nice gesture. As I get older I realize it is easier to get along with people than not. Although I am a solo operator with limited slots to fill also. If I was trying to now the world I would of taken it. Every situation is unique.
Posted via Mobile Device
Im the same way, I would've never gone to her door to try to sell her my services. Because if I wasnt respectful, I probably would've done that years ago. It does suck that i will be mowing next to these guys, but oh well. I guess i'll maybe move her to a different day to try and avoid confrontation. I'd like to be able to get along with these guys, but ya just never know how they'll take it. Im sure I'll run into them eventually.

Page generated in 0.03901 seconds with 7 queries