View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
Puppy there are people out there who know the limitations of these mowers or any mower better than you, Your opinion is very valid and much more valid than mine but you only mow the same property for the most part week end and week out. A person who mows alot of varieing types of terrain is more qualified to make a accessment over you.

Do not get me wrong your point is very valid, on the other note a dealer who has 100's of these units out in the field is very qualified to make a point better than anybody if he listens to his customers.

He just made the point that he heard from a few of his big customers who use both the old style and new style that the old was plusher stock from the reports in the field he was hearing.

On the point of weight you should take a physics class,weight is your enemy. It allows more energy to be transferred to the rider and the faster you go the more the heavier unit will beat the rider in rough terrain.

As you add speed it becomes more appearant weight is your enemy, My old 300 pound XR 650 would never blitz whoops or torn up terrain even close to my 225 pound Cr 500 even with modern suspension added to the 650 why because it weighs 75 more pounds.

Now you can have a better equiped suspension package on the heavier machine and it may ride better but all things being equal with design taken into consideration light is better for transmitting less impact to rider period!

You are right about the chasses longness helping but I picked up on my 5 minute demo of the new Super that the ride on the newer Super was more solid with less give and the flex forks were making the unit much more livable.

I wonder how much air tires would help?
If you are giving me a class on physics, explain how it is possible to feel virtually no bumps in terrain when driving a 55 ton (110,000 lbs.) self-propelled howitzer in comparison to getting beat to death on the same terrain in what would be considered a very large truck by truck standards, but a lightweight when comparing to the tracked howitzer. Now remember, the howitzer has no (zero) suspension, and the truck has very adequate suspension.

This is heavy weight machine that rides better versus a lighter weight machine, explain this in a physics definition that will help me see what you are speaking of. Now, remember your statement is: "On the point of weight you should take a physics class, weight is your enemy. It allows more energy to be transferred to the rider and the faster you go the more the heavier unit will beat the rider in rough terrain."

This should be very easy for you to explain in physics terminology since the howitzer weighs 110,000 lbs. and the truck weighs 40,000 lbs, especially when saying weight transfers more energy to the rider. If this is actually the case, a 110,000 lb. vehicle should ride far worse than a 40,000 lb. vehicle, but yet this is not the case...Explain why not?

Page generated in 0.04423 seconds with 7 queries