View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
I was looking for a truck a long time ago. Noticed they raised a used truck 500 every 6 months or so. Asked the sales guy why. He said because they had it so long and were losing money. I told him that makes no sense. You can't sell for 20k and what makes you think you can sell it for 22k and 2 years older?

Some mower dealers do the same thing. Old junk gets traded in, and they raise price every so often, or with seasons.

If dealers would price these used mower right from beginning to end, they would sell fairly easy. Who want to pay 6k for a mower that cost 8k 4 years ago and 2 thousand hours ago. If you think about it, that mower could cost you more than 10k if purchase such a mower.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you ever need help with what your vehicle is REALLY worth, and what is a fair price for a new or used vehicle. Let me know, I will give the numbers and evidence to walk in and kick their booties!!!

Remember one thing, the most it will cost you to ship a car or truck from any point in the U.S. is $1,200. With that knowledge you can leverage a truck sitting in Portland OR, against a dealer in Virginia. I can get this Truck for $3,000 cheaper than your, it would only cost me $1,200 to ship it, so you can sell me yours at $$$$. I just bought a Trailblazer for $9,000 with 43,000 miles on it. Why, cause I could buy one in Florida for $9,000 with only 38,000 miles on it. So I told the sales manager, "You took that thing in for $7,500 max, cause if you paid more than that, than you should be fired! You put a max of $500 into it, and $1,000 profit is fair. So I can get this one, at the same price and it has less miles, but it will cost me $580 to get it shipped, or I can take yours at the same price and live with the extra mileage." No... I can't do that, I need $14,999. "No you want a Home Run, and I willing to give ya single. But you still get a hit, and you don't have to floor plan it." Ok, $12,999 "No!" silence... Ok, $10,999. "NO!" more silence... Ok, You're killing me, $9,999 "NO!" Son of a beach, $9,499. "NO!" ok... sell it to him... So I got it at my price, Bose Sound, Power Everything, New Tires, Sunroof, etc.

I may suck at buying a mower, but I know the auto industry, and I know how to get the absolute best price. Oh, and you can negotiate a truck in Oregon for delivery to wherever and you'll give half, and upon delivery and after you test drive it and like it, you'll give the rest of the money - based on approved credit. If you don't like it, you load it back up and you're just out the transport cost. But I used to buy a lot of Corvettes from Florida and sell them up here in Michigan, cause I could get a Corvette in Florida about $5,000 cheaper than I could in Michigan.

Page generated in 0.03412 seconds with 7 queries