View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh trust me I was skeptical of this treated seed but only of the treatment process, not the seed. Weed seed is 0%, inert matter is very low and sell by date is July 2013. I see no problems at all with the seed mixture itself.

The treatment process and actual fert. amounts applied are still not clear to me and it appears as if nobody else completely understands it without more information. If applied treatments are dried on the seed hull then I don't see how it could be counted as inert matter. To me inert matter means loose particiles inside the bag that aren't seed. I don't see where they would count seed treatment still attached to the seed hull as inert matter.

The two pics I posted earlier where the only labels on the bag other than the certified seed label which is as follows.

I'm still skeptical of how much actual fert was applied but I will say this.... This seed was applied on Sept. 14, roughly 3 weeks ago. The yard is irrigated and was kept constantly moist. I saw germination on day 5 and had complete germination by day 10. The new grass is roughly 4" tall and looks beautiful. The lawn will be be mowed later this week for the first time. The existing turf, which has seen no fert since last April, took off like a rocket within a week of this seed being applied, there is no doubt in my mind that there was benefit from however much fert was applied with this seed.

I'm going to contact my supplier to see if I can find out more info on this seed treatment and the amounts applied. Thanks for everyones replies. I appreciate hearing everyones opinons on this.

Page generated in 0.03944 seconds with 7 queries