View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
With regards the mower deck, it was still bouncing up and down with the springs adjustment taken all the way up.
Yeah, half inch wasnt much. Need a couple inches.
I wrote this last night....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Instead of cutting the spring, get some small straps like cheap ratchet straps, feed it through the spring at one (near the) end, feed it down the length of the spring and back out near the other end, lower the deck as far as possible, an inch or more lower than your usual cut height for example. That will compress the spring. Pull the straps as tight as possible and tie ends together (or just use the hooks. could compress the springs even more with the ratchet). Raise deck to normal height and the springs shouldnt touch the stops. The straps should hold the springs compressed. No need for cutting shorter or messing with deck level etc. Only cost a few $ to try anyway!
Its thought that the older flex forks are softer than the new. If thats the case then maybe you have the older forks. Ask your dealer to try a different set of those as well.
In fact, why dont you get him to bring a demo machine out and try the machines side by side, try the demo. Least that way you'll know if its just your machine or not. Swap forks around while your at it.

Other than that, maybe this machine just isnt for you.
I have to say, I mow some much much rougher properties than in your vids. The one thing I love about the machine is the ride, drive system etc. I HATE the discharge and the fuel tanks but thats about it.

Page generated in 0.05323 seconds with 7 queries