View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Mate the ruts on this lawn are NOT the only place I get this issue. I get the same problem on EVERY single one of my lawns!! I wish I never showed the dam video of the ruts, I was just trying to show it in its most dramatic state. But if you would just take my dam word for it, the machine does it everywhere there is any kind of bump whatsoever, okay? I guess your the kind of guy that thinks most people out there are stupid and therefor you give no one the benefit of the doubt.

I never said I could run the dixon at 13 MPH I said half the speed of the hustler is the full speed of my dixon, therefor the speed is 7MPH flat out on dixon and yes I assure you I can dam well go full speed over those ruts in my dixon!!!!! I dont make things up!! I do get a very rough ride with the dixon, but the rough ride has no jerking in it, therefor i get no headaches or ill feelings after hours of mowing on the dioxon.

its not the ground or the ruts or the washboard effect...

Your telling me that since I went from a for eg 2.576897 meter long wheel base as opposed to a 3.576543 meter wheel base, therefor I should expect to be jerked around and expect a rough ride and just put up with it?

As far as speed goes. As I keep saying on here, I get the same rough ride at all speeds!!!
That was my mistake for not converting the 13 KPH to what would actually be 8.08 MPH, just not something we normally see in this country, but a conversion that does make an extreme difference. I was actually thinking in terms of 13 mph and not 8 mph. I honestly have no idea how fast you are mowing with the Super Z, but I would guess in the 9 mph (14.48 kph) range. Since realizing you are attempting to mow at a speed you normally mow this property, and are seeing a problem you've never seen before, there could possibly be a hydraulic problem adding to the bucking from the ruts.

Have you put this mower on a smooth property to see exactly how it feels and reacts? The hydraulic system on a Hustler Super Z is the smoothest in the industry, and I've operated many. It should be a joy for you to run this machine, and not a chore. I would like to know your thoughts on how the hydraulics feel, and how the mower operates on a smooth property. Your hydraulics on the mower should feel as smooth as a finely oiled machine on both sides, but not only should they feel smooth, they should also feel perfectly equal in each command you physically give.

Keep working with us, we will eventually get to the bottom of your problem, I promise, and again, I'm sorry for coming off in the wrong direction due to not converting the speed.

Please come back as soon as you have results from checking the mower thoroughly on a smooth property, I've very interested in how the hydraulics feel. I wish I could operate your mower for five minutes, I could tell immediately if there is something causing what you are seeing.

Page generated in 0.04462 seconds with 7 queries