View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

My Sentiments Exactly

Yes, you are correct in your description. However, our LCO INSISTED that DuPont INSISTED us to be treated as a group, because it was ONE account number. I'm learning that we do not have individual accounts, which I am now seeing is wrong, and I will bring it up to the HOA. We don't even get individual notices on our doors when they have sprayed, so we didn't even know there was a new product being sprayed on our yard or when it was sprayed. It's evident that the LCO stands to gain something here, from this arrangement, because by their doing all the documenting and the claims, they may be assurred of getting the work to remediate the problems, as well as being paid for the both. I am guessing on some of this, but it was never explained clearly, and I never really liked or understood the answers I was getting from the LCO guy or the HOA guy, and I in fact had told them so. It's our stupidity that we listened to them in the first place, but it was all for their convenience. It didn't phase the pres of the HOA either, since he had no damage, yet all the communications were going to him, until I insisted otherwise. Lately, they have reverted back to just going through the HOA--probably because I told them I filed suit. My guess is that DuPont, when they saw my name in print and couldn't find a claim in our name, they decided we had never put one through. Once I communicated to the LCO that I had filed suit (earlier), he probably called DuPont and asked how they would separate these. Then the HOA guy gets a call from DuPont attorneys, probably realizing they had not thought of this, and that they needed to separate "common areas" from individual lots--the pres made it sound like those attorneys were just figuring this out. We stupidly believed what DuPont AND the LCO AND the HOA president told us. Meanwhile, our "claim" had been put on the back burner. Now hopefully we'll get some action through our attorney, but it's frustrating to be called a liar by DuPont. I'm seeing more and more how our LCO is the one who also wronged us, and I blame them too now.

Page generated in 0.03497 seconds with 7 queries