View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
Successful companies in our industry, who don't run disorganized messes, and there aren't a ton of them, will attract and retain highly skilled employees. It's simple as that. I have a bunch of peers throughout the country who will mirror this statement.

Provide a neat climate to work in, good equipment, and not something that wears on them, and they will truly love what they do and who they work for. Everyone will respect everyone and together the company will grow.

When we have to fill a position it doesn't take us long, yes I hire slow and fire fast, but qualified people are out there.

Its not rocket science.
We have a lot of things in common!
My guys have been with me for years and love working for me. They stay motivated because they know that their is room for growth at our company and that they can be promoted. Years ago an 18 year old kid started working for us, he was a machine when it came to hard labor and had a good head on his shoulders. He was willing to learn, got promoted to crew leader a couple years later. Now at 27 he is an account manager.
Treat your employees well and they will do the same in return.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03102 seconds with 7 queries