View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
i have cut some steep slopes on the hustler, same slopes as I did with the dixon, in the areas the dixon would stay on the slope and only slide downwards a little, the hustler slides down completely. this is on quite steep slope & would be simply the heavier weight. But its not much of an issue as this one is very steep, other slopes im on its slides slightly, whereby the old one wouldnt slide at all, but not enough to bother me so the handling on slopes is good considering its extra weight. But best to try for yourself off coarse.

I have used the 72" super z on the same ground as my 60", the 60" deck bounced around 10-15 times as opposed to only ever noticing 1 very slight bounce on the 72" over a decent sized rut. I put this down to the 72" deck being so much heavier. Also noticed that mower a little smoother, but it has a longer wheel base so hard to compare the two, plus was only for 2-3 mins use.
Thanks for the input,these mowers really should have bigger tires. I have found on a big heavy Z a 72 is just a better mower and in the 48 to 60 range you are better off with a lighter duty Z, you have the finest quality Z made but it may be over made for you.

Do not let these guy's kid you. You start adding weight to a machine that is moving at a decent clip and you will turn it into a big fat pig quick!

Good luck and I hope you solve your problem, may the force be with you

Page generated in 0.04041 seconds with 7 queries