View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a link to the Parker wheel motor service manual: http://www.phtruck.com/download/hpm/...rviceParts.pdf
The video ain't much, in that most ZTR motors use smaller needle bearings and one piece vanes ( the big rollers ).
They're really pretty simple. As the video caveman mentioned, what causes the leak at the drive shaft is usually the small outboard needle bearing. I've never had to beat the shaft out of one yet, but like I said, the bearings are way smaller.
I just did one yesterday , you can see some of the parts in my post titled " When rebuilding hydros......." Disregard the dirt and grass, just a joke!
One thing to mention, the motor case and associated plates are hardened steel, you cannot use a punch for the witness marks! Use a small grinder, I use a small cut-off wheel to scribe my lines.

Tomorrow I'll try and take some pics of one as I take it apart, so you can get a good idea of what yer up against. Mayhaps a video later.............

HOW 'BOUT DEM 'O's !!!

......AMF!

Page generated in 0.04658 seconds with 7 queries