View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Nice man. Whats the angle iron above the plate for? I would add a few gussets to increase the weld area on the tooth mount sleeves
Posted via Mobile Device
First off, notice the 3pt. hitch pins on the loader arms. I have those on there to stabilize my hoe attachment so that I can push and pull with the hoe without moving the mounting plate, or putting pressure on the ram.

The angle iron was to hold a hitch pin, and then I was just going to take a piece of steel to connect the loader arms to the ripper. That way I wouldn't get pressure against my cylinder when ripping.

The whole idea was to be able to do a push or pull ripper, but, I think I'm just going to keep it as a pull style, scrap the angle iron, and just use a 3" cylinder stop to keep the ram from bottoming out.

As for the gussets, I'll keep that in mind. In all reality though, the machine only has so much power along with only so much weight, so my gut tells me that I won't have a problem with pressure against the mounts.

If they break, you'll be the first to know that I was wrong.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.03833 seconds with 7 queries