View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
i have cut some steep slopes on the hustler, same slopes as I did with the dixon, in the areas the dixon would stay on the slope and only slide downwards a little, the hustler slides down completely. this is on quite steep slope & would be simply the heavier weight. But its not much of an issue as this one is very steep, other slopes im on its slides slightly, whereby the old one wouldnt slide at all, but not enough to bother me so the handling on slopes is good considering its extra weight. But best to try for yourself off coarse.

I have used the 72" super z on the same ground as my 60", the 60" deck bounced around 10-15 times as opposed to only ever noticing 1 very slight bounce on the 72" over a decent sized rut. I put this down to the 72" deck being so much heavier. Also noticed that mower a little smoother, but it has a longer wheel base so hard to compare the two, plus was only for 2-3 mins use.
More than likely the smoothness of the 72 if it was the new style Super was because the added weight is loading the drive better and slowing it down a little, your problem could be the stiffer chasses is transmitting more energy to the deck by not flexing and slinging it up. The 72 deck being heavier stays glued better to the frame but on the riding chasses itself you do not want it be glued to the rough terrain you want it to skim over it at speed that is what will make a lighter machine ride better rather than a heavy one that rides down in the ruts.

It is all application dependent but for going fast comfortably over rough choppy terrain weight and a stiff frame suck! you just need good suspenders to compensate.

Page generated in 0.04604 seconds with 7 queries