View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Issues leveling Triton deck on eXmark Laser Z HP

Hello all, I just purchased an eXmark Laser Z HP with 430 hours on it and am having some odd issues with leveling the deck.

Model #: LHP23KA505
Serial #: 670452

The mower came with a Triton 50" deck that was quite un-level so I went about the task following the instructions in the manual which said to use 2 1-5/16" blocks on the back of the deck and a 1-1/8" block up front.

The problem I had is that in the back, with all adjustment taken out of the chain, it would just BARELY take the slack out of the chain. Once doing so, I couldn't even raise the deck back into the transport position. I cut 1/8" off all blocks and it will now go back into transport position but just BARELY. Tire pressure is at 13.5 psi for both rear tires.

I'm pretty sure 1-5/16" is not the height block I should use in the back for this deck and am thinking the instructions were maybe for the Ultra Cut instead? Doing some measurements, the cutting edge of the blades are almost even with the bottom of the front of the deck, but they are almost half an inch higher than the back edge of the deck. Knowing that the blade tips are supposed to be about a 1/4" lower in the front, it seems that the blocks used to level the back of the deck should be thinner than the one in the front since the back of the deck extends about half an inch past the blades?

Any tips? This is about to drive me crazy.

Page generated in 0.03440 seconds with 7 queries