View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
If I may suggest. Ditch the St Augustine. The crap should not even be for sale, yes it has a few pros...but the cons, tons of fert needed, chinch bugs, leaf spot, brown patch, take all patch, worms omg the worms, h20 requirements, and on and on. Lets say you could start over, with minimal changes to the soil, look at Empire Zoysia. A local folk to talk to would be the folks at Possum...I have never made a purchase from them, as I buy wholesale in bulk, but I do read the blog "hort hotline" at times to see what is going on up that way. http://www.possumsupply.com/

st. augustine looks very beautiful when done right and is a very charlestonian grass. I've honestly never seen the seed for sale in the stores though. I usually just let the patches I have to go seed for a week or two before I mow them. doesnt seem to help lol.

my backyard is mainly bermuda grass at this point which seems to be handling the heat/dry down here during the summer. the st. augustine does as well but it doesnt spread. I'll take a pic of the backyard, I do believe it is bermuda and not zoysia/fesque though. I'm horrible at identification lol.

I'm gonna be calling the clemson extension here in a couple minutes to find out what I need to do for testing.

Page generated in 0.04897 seconds with 7 queries