Thread: hose ballet
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I've never pulled a hose, I started with a ride-on maybe 3 or so years ago. I can't imagine using a hose on some of my lawns. They average 20,000 plus sf. I would love to go with some of you and see how it's done though.

I'm 40 minutes north of Little Rock. I charge $10/hr for training at sites designated by me. I will buy your lunch on the first day. After that, you're on your own.

I would say half of my client base is 6-18K sq ft. A quarter is 20-35K. an eighth is 35-90K and an eighth is less than 6K.

The hose/gun comes in handy for quite a few but the ride is the way to go for some of the larger clients. I have used the wand/lesco gun/t-jet nozzle combination dragging a hose to spray grassy weeds in the past. I can't imagine doing some entire lawns that I have with a T-jet nozzle even with 120 degree spray angle or a handheld boom for that matter. I can see where that setup or a gas powered backpack could be the best tool for the operation depending on site conditions though.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor

Page generated in 0.03386 seconds with 7 queries