View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoorefield View Post
... Aeration and seeding achieve two completely different goals, and I have never read anything that says thet it will decrease seed germination if aeration is done first. ...
And I agree... 2 different goals...

Power seeding/slit-seeding is done when seeding is the goal...

And I agree,,, Aeration doesn't decrease germination per se, but niether does it create a seed bed that is conducive to germination...

Aeration is done when relieving compaction, living thatch, and getting ammendments into the rhizosphere is the goal...

The OPs last comment was : " Do I aerate the yard, then spread seed then drop fertilizer? OR wait a week and drop fertilizer after aeration and seeding..."
Does it sound like he's going to run 2 machines or 'spread' the seed with the idea in mind that the aeration has done the necessary prep??? Encouraging him to 'spread' the seed over aerated turf, doesn't really help the guy out IMHO...

Are we in any disagreement???

I have to say that I have had seed germinate in those holes... never in between the holes(unless other steps were taken)...

Page generated in 0.04230 seconds with 7 queries