View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
WHOA!!!! Relax there a little 32vld. You gotta get your facts straight before you go piping off at the mouth on things you don't know anything about.

I never said I pay anyone 25% less. I said I had guys coming to us, WILLING TO WORK for 25% less. We've always paid very competitive wages, they get good benefits, and some nice fringe benefits as well. Just because they were willing to work for less doesn't mean I took advantage of that. In fact, I told you above that, in fact, I did NOT take advantage of that. Every one of the people I've hired since the recession are getting paid as much or more than we ever paid for that position and as good or better than any of our competitors pay for the same position.

If you'd actually bother to take a minute and read what I actually wrote rather than just reading a sentence or two then making false accusations, you would have caught this. Go back and re-read the part above where I said,

If you want to have a pissing match over proper wages, let's compare notes a little. What are you paying your workers per hour for the different positions withing your company? Do you offer health insurance to your workers? A company vehicle to take home? Cell phone with unlimited minutes they can use any time? Flexible hours? Or do you even have employees? My bet is you either don't have any - which means you have no experience in the area which you are criticizing me for - or if you do have employees I'd love to see you put your money where you mouth is and explain to me how you offer them so much better pay and benefits than I do.
for us we pay 10 per hour for the first two weeks. (training period)

after that they move to 12 an hour. people in the feild. crew leader get 15.
irigation gets 19 an hour.

feild and crew leaders get about 60 hours a week, 1.25 pay for overtime.
2 weeks sick/vacation 8 hour days paid. could be used or saved, for end of the year cash out on remaining days.

no trucks to take home, optional health insurance. they pay half. optional company phone on Verizon for 50 a month a line,

hours are typically 7 to 7.
start time is never flexible, i pay you from 7, i want you there at 7 even at breakfast 2 times a week, paid by me. end time can be flexible but not to often.

we are one of the best paying places around here. compared to a brickman person 1-2 years experience is getting 9 something an hour.

we are very strict with hiring. only legal people allowed to work, no criminal background, no drug history, and we drug test on a monthly basis.

we have 17 people.
3 4person crews
1 3 person crew landscape
1 irrigation tech
1 manager

Page generated in 0.03693 seconds with 7 queries