View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawns Etc View Post
Usually the installer will put either a spigot with garden hose threads or a plug with 1/2" -3/4" male or female threads to hookup to drain and blowout. You do not need to rent a hose. Use a quality garden hose and get a Crowfoot adapter to hook it to your compressor.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rental house has the adapter.

Thanks for the advice on on the on the fittings and hose. From what I've seen though, they are all different. One has a cap with 1.5" threads, One is a 1/4" fitting on a test port after a back-flow, and one is a 1/2" ball valve before the back-flow.

One has the back-flow 10 feet out-side the building. Manager said the previous company hooked up before inside. I'm sketchy about that though considering I don't want to do damage to the back-flow preventer. What I might do is blow through the backflow really quick to evacuate that section, then move my fitting out past the backflow in order to not push all my air through it during the blow-out.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.23547 seconds with 7 queries