View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
You know a mower can't cut grass at 15 mph, the blades (according to someone's calculations) just can't turn fast enough to hit all the standing grass...but this is a facetious statement, just added that because many will take take the statement as what I actually believe.

I will totally agree with you on this point, there is no ztr built today with the strength and simplicity of a Hustler Super Z, and this is the reason I continue to buy the Super Z over other mowers. I do want to run a Cheetah for a comparison, and the first thing I will do is check the speed by distance and time, which is more accurate than GPS.
You said it yourself, math is math. Numbers are numbers whether a distance/time calculation or blade tip speed/area calculation.

I know for a fact that Scag not only reccomends not mowing at top speed they dont even recommend mowing in high gear on the cheetah's 2 speed trans. Apparently Hustler feels the same way. And im sorry you get different answers depending on who you talk to at Hustler. That speaks volumes in itself!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by GMLC; 10-11-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.04247 seconds with 7 queries