View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
puppy-

in both this thread, and several others in which we've both posted in the past, I have said repeatedly that you can do it under the right conditions. Feel free to go back check for yourself. All I have said is that the numbers say it is not wise to do since the blade strikes per inch of forwards travel are so low. Many manu's advertise the high BTS's of their decks by including remarks such as "...more blades strikes per inch" etc, so I have to assume it's something they take into conmsideration. It's a factor they are certainly aware of and it helps them sell their product. Like I said, if you can do it, and are satisfied with the results, that's fine by me. I just don't think it serves the mowing community at large to post blanket statements that it is ok to do or that the cut bis going to be acceptable. It can be done, but only in the right conditions.
One thing you can do is put smaller pullies on the blade spindles to speed them up, a 72 all things given are equal will have a faster tip speed over a 60.

Pupster has a huge area to mow and he found what works for him,on large properties I have found it works for me too.

I am not going back to a 10 or 12 MPH Z after running a faster unit. It all depends on weather you can get away with it for your conditions.

The Pupster means no harm he is just excited about his new toy.

Page generated in 0.03380 seconds with 7 queries