View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
.....and we have been over this too. Maybe if everything were exactly the same, same engine and rpm's exactly, same pulley sizes exactly, same deck drive belt exactly etc, the longer blade of the 72" would have the higher BTS. That isn't how it works though in the real world. The longer blade requires more HP to turn due to a couple different reason like blade weight, and generally slightly larger sails. The manu's don't ship them with the same exact deck pulleys and /or PTO pulley. They have to reduce the "gearing" so to speak of the longer blade to keep from loading down the engine below it's correct operating range. Like I have posted to you before, the 72"s usually have lower BTS's. A quick perusal through the manu's site's shows that.
BULL CHIT my 72 n 60 run the same engine RPM and the same size deck pulley's and motor therefore they are the same. A 60 20 inch blade will have more torque and a 72 will have more tip speed that is the real difference. All the other stuff is hog wash, like I said all things being equal. I will tell you this a 72 Super in my opinion is superior to a 60 all things being equal.

Page generated in 0.04055 seconds with 7 queries