View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING View Post
Don't know where you are but I can tell you in the great state of mass. Doesn't matter how hard we fight it they end up collecting. I have gone to hearings with all the proper documentation and they get benefits. I have gone and won only to have ex employee re apply, receive no notice and have a notice come saying they are collecting. Frustrating to say the least but in a state that's all about letting everyone suck off the teet , that's what is unfortunately expected.
Isn't the "system" great?

Had a similar case here in MI several years back. Professional UA collector. Worked for me for 6 weeks (coincidentally) WALKED off the job. As in self-terminated, quit, gone, bye-bye without saying a word to me. I finally got a hold of him and he said I had "yelled" at him. I had gone to a job site and shown him the weeds he was missing. An hour later he was gone.

He filed and said he wasn't performing the work I had hired him for (applications) I provided paperwork showing he had done apps for 4 of the 6 weeks and the rest been spraying weeds in beds, etc. and they gave it to him.

Not sure if he knew someone on the UA board or what. I was some kinda pissed.

So, the moral of the story, depending on the situation, it doesn't matter what documentation you do or don't have. Especially when the UA board is populated by idiots.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office

Page generated in 0.03391 seconds with 7 queries