View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Does anybody know where to get this grease? I'm looking for a little bit bigger container than Stihl sells. You know? That little tube.

The grease is a lithium soap thickened synthetic oil grease that is manufactured by Fuchs Lubritech.

Under the Fuchs name it is called "stabyl eco s 12". SKF also has a version and it is called "LGLT 2".

This grease is unique in that it is designed for very small bearings that run at high speed. Like you might find in a hedge trimmer or grass trimmer head.

This grease is the factory fill. It is highly recommended that you do not mix other types of grease with it.

So far all I've been able to find is a 200 gram tube of the SKF grease at about $45.

It can be another brand of grease as long as it's the same type.
It's not unique at all! It,s just a good quality #"00" ( fine grade) grease, as opposed to,say, #2 , #1, or # 0, which is what makes it suitable for small ball bearings.

......AMF!

Page generated in 0.04263 seconds with 7 queries