View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Things you SHOULDN'T say to the customer

My opening statement: I service a ranch home on Fridays, and the home owner has some chickens, roosters, and cattle on the property. More cattle than anything, but anyhow I was warned on the first day about these roosters being aggressive. He told me to keep an eye on a couple of them because they've been known to "sneak up and attack people". Last week while I was there, I let my guard down while putting a gas can in the back of the truck, and what do ya know... One of the roosters sneaked up from behind, and attacked the back of my leg. About 20 minutes later, the home owner came out, and I told him what his rooster did. At first he seemed shocked, but then told me about how those roosters try that with everyone who comes around. Also said he was thinking about taking a hatchet to it, and making some chicken soup later (jokingly I assumed).

Anyways... I go out there today, and that rooster's hanging out in the front yard again, but this time the home owner (and his grand daughter) was outside. I told him "I'm keeping my better eye on that rooster today, but if he tries anything, he's gonna catch the business end of this line trimmer." He seemed to think it was funny, but his grand daughter certainly didn't think so. Was I being "out of line" or offensive? Feels like I shouldn't have said what I did, but honestly, I've dealt with one too many animals attacking me in the past, and I'm just tired of dealing with people who don't control their animals.

Page generated in 0.03612 seconds with 7 queries