View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
Yah, but then now you are losing 2-4% on every transaction. We take credit cards. Have for a long time. But we always offer a "cash discount" for people who pay by check. I'd rather have the money today and I'd rather not have to lose 3%. If you add it up, 2.5% or 3% can add up to a lot. If most of your customers pay by credit card and you did say $200,000 a year in business, that's $5,000-$6,000 a year you're giving up. That's a friggin' trip to Hawaii or the Bahamas! I don't know about you, but I don't like giving away that kind of money.

Credit cards have their place. But you gotta understand that they cost you big $$ too to take them. Me, I try to minimize the amount of credit cards we take.
Needless to say, I'm not bringing in that kind of coin. I look at it as a cost of doing business. As with all costs of business, it's figured into the price. When I began accepting them, my calls increased. People like convenience. If you've bought anything at a convenience store lately, you know you pay a premium price for it....

Page generated in 0.04103 seconds with 7 queries