Thread: Bagging Issues
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms8921 View Post
I purchased a brand new Snapper pro 200xt with the 61" deck with a vac bagger. I recently started to bag with this mower. I am finding it very hard to get it to bag nicely at all. It seems it leaves a line of mulching up grass under the vac every pass and sometimes it doesnt suck everything into the vac. I feel like the discharge of the blades is overpowering the actual vac itself. Maybe its pushing to much grass into the vac at one time. I dont know but the only way I can bag is if I go about 1mph. There doesnt seem to be a whole lot of suction there. Does anyone have and tips? maybe change to lower lift blades?
I purchased a 61"/32 unit back in the spring, I didn't really use the bagger much because it's a tight fit into the trailer...and it was really just a PITA at the time.

I broke the bagger unit out of the garage today to clean up the leaves in my own yard (2 acres) and it's seriously 1909829089289829082x better than my Exmark was at bagging. I had 2 clogging issues, 1 was my fault for not paying attention...and the other - who knows wtf the deal was.

I have the 3 bagger unit - so I always reach behind to pinch the right bag to see how full it is to know where I need to stop to dump the bags.

I still have the original high lift blades on, I haven't switch back to the mulch blades yet but probably will tomorrow.

To answer your original question - I assume your unit is literally new (this year?) I read on here earlier in the year some people had issues with the new velocity deck, and actually wanted the original flat deck instead. As dumb as that may sound, perhaps your dealer could have an older unit (crated?) and this has that old deck?

Aside from that, I have nothing. Perhaps the low lift blades might help anyways. I'll check tomorrow.

Page generated in 0.03045 seconds with 7 queries