View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
I have looked into 46-0-0 for a winter app but it is somewhat a waste of money. If you are wanting to put out 1lb of N per K it is nearly impossible with this product as a granule especially in a ride-on. That would make your rate at 2lbs per k and most spreaders cannot go that low. With that said even though a 30-0-6 is a little more expensive per bag you will be able to put down correct rates for about the same amount of money per k. Another thing to think about is customer perception. If you are trying to put it down at 2lbs/k and they are used to seeing 3-5lbs/k they are going to question you and think you are skimping them. Just my opinion.
I agree that all mineral is the way to go for last apps so that the plant can absorb as much as possible before dormancy.
True - did not think about my Mag being able to spread the UFLEXX. One bag covering 23K sq ft....that would be pretty thin. Suppose I could try a bag out (on my own lawn) and if it doesn't cover the best move on. I really think I am going to go as much mineral fert as possible this last app as the whole 'spring holdover' thing with slow release N, in my opinion, just does not hold stock.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13

Page generated in 0.03916 seconds with 7 queries