Thread: Gravely?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
I have had my Gravely demo now since last Tuesday. I have not put that many hours on it because the grass here has pretty much stopped growing. I did get to cut with it for a few hours the other day on various conditions. The first lawn had not been cut in a long time and the guy asked me last week to cut it. When first starting out I was not very impressed by the cut quality. It did stripe well but didn't cut very clean. Comparing it to the V Ride it did handle better and was a lot more comfortable. It did seem slower vs the Scag. The next lawn I cut was some open fields at a factory I mow. One section I had not mowed in about a month and it really struggled cutting that. The grass has a lot of clover, Canadian thistle and other weeds and was just balling up under the deck. At this point in my demo I was just about done with it and was ready to write them off the list of mowers. Then I cut another area that is 3 acres of wide open ground that I mowed the week before. The grass here is pretty decent not perfect. It cut this stuff flawless! It took me less time than it does with my ZD331 60" Kubota as well. After this field I think this mower will perform very well in most conditions just not very well on areas that don't get cut every week. I am demoing a Wright stander x starting tomorrow the rep is dropping off at 10 in the morning. All in all the Gravely is a good machine I believe. It is built very well, love the foot deck lift and is comfortable to ride. It handles well and sticks to hills pretty well also. It is compact and will fit side ways in my enclosed trailer. Although the deck would not discharge the best in those few situations it never bogged down or lacked power. I will post some pics tomorrow as I took plenty of the machine and of the couple yards I cut with it so you guys could see the results.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you have the brand new version that just came out with the wider discharge opening, or the one like I had that came out in the spring this year?

Page generated in 0.03933 seconds with 7 queries