Thread: Which Scag?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam's Mowing View Post
thanks for the comment! When you bought the tiger cub did you finance it?
Posted via Mobile Device
I did finance it and at 16 years old just getting my drivers license it was a pretty big deal. but i already had accounts in my neighborhood, i did with a scag 52" hydro walk behind my dad picked up for 1000 dollars to do my own house with. so i just used that to really start. I think i had 4 or 5 accounts in high school. most of them were 140 a month or 160 a month back then either way it worked out fine, it was like 200 a month, my dad sold the walk behind for 1000 and put it as a down payment and since he was co-signing he kinda chose the mower, my choice would have been a 61" tiger cat but he went with a 48" tiger cub, either way it was a new machine and it served me well for 7 years and 984hrs. I replaced the cutter deck belt every 2 years, the drive belt 6 years in, the idler pulley about 6 years in and the pto switch about 6 years in, also the two front tires came off the bead and being tubless went flat, so i said screw that and bought a solid front wheel and tire assembly to avoid that problem ever again. and that's it.

Page generated in 0.04999 seconds with 7 queries