View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
I think you said this:

I have shown you that this is not true, if what you stated here was fact, you would see uncut grass standing in this picture, yet you do not.

I've never once said you can cut in all conditions at these fast speeds, but I have stated you can cut the southern stiffer blade grasses at the fast speeds. I actually cut some new volunteer rye-grass Saturday, and yes it is very limp and wispy, the kind of grass people use to over-seed here in the south to keep green lawns through the winter. If I had attempted to cut this grass at the faster speed; it would have looked as if half of it was missed, it blows around underneath the deck, meaning some is actually pushed down and away from the cutting edge of the blades. This is the type texture grass you deal with, and no, you could not use fast mowing speeds. The best cut in these type grasses will come from an Exmark with a Ultra Cut deck at around 8 mph or less. This is a totally different cutting scenario, I know what you deal with, but you have no idea of how the dryer stiff blade grasses we deal with in the south cut.

The real green grass growing beside the soybeans is volunteer rye-grass, and you can tell by looking at it the blades are very limp and wispy, making it move around underneath a deck a great deal, sometimes to the point of getting away from the blades. You can hardly cut this slow enough.

Nope. This is lifted directly from post #11 in your thread Super Z productivity-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green
I guess it is just one of those things you have to see to believe because the numbers say there should be stragglers like carzy at that speed, but you are right that type of grass at least makes some what of a difference.
When the 72" deck passed over this grass it was cutting at full speed, do you see any stragglers or uncut grass, and you are getting a very close look?

Your picture above was located here

I am not the one who keeps cheap shotting the other guy here. You are. I have not done that one time to you, but you certainly have, and anyone who has been reading this can see that. I wanted to let this drop since it is pointless it seems, and I don't know why you want to keep agitating when it appears that we are saying something similar, and I have already said that on this site somewhere too. Limp northern grass- no way. Stiff southern grass, under ideal conditions.

BTW, I do know a little about southern grasses. I used to live in Orlando for several years.

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 10-15-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.03896 seconds with 7 queries