View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
It's not the same Ridin'. Because it's only 2.5 inches the sail isn't as big so it doesn't have the same lift. I don't know what thread it is, but I specifically remember the Oregon rep discussing this...that's why they made them 3 inches wide, to be able to get the big sail for the increased lift.
Sorry bro, but that's not correct. I have both and when you lay them side by side, or end to end to compare the lift and shape/design of the sail, they are identical and even have the same number of teeth. I have been waiting for the G5's for that tractor ever since they were announced and have communicated with Dennis on many occasions over the course of this year. I just called Oregon a month and a half ago to find out the status of the G5's and I gave them the part # for the G5's Dennis gave me early last spring. They are still not available, so I checked through the site for something similar and saw the 3-1 high lift Gators for my tractor. The specs for all the critical dimensions are the exact same (and in the case of the blade that I just gave the part number for, for the OP's 44" HP, the 3-1 lift is actually an eight inch higher than all the G6's for any machine- 1 3/8" vs 1 1/4"). I ordered a set of the 3-1 high lifts from a local dealer and have used them now with complete saisfaction. They do the same thing that the G6's do (or G5's would do). The first thing I did was compare them to my other sets of G6's to check the lift design and shape, as well as the actual height. No difference. I know that one reason Dennis said they had to go to 3" was to get the lift, but that must have been for just a few particular blades somewhere so they ended up making it an across the board deal or something, because the have done it with the 3-1 high lifts that are 2 1/2" wide.

Page generated in 0.03482 seconds with 7 queries