Thread: Loans?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=Woody82986;4558722]I suppose this is all relative, but your assumption is wrong and illogical in it's very fabric. Not all successful businesses run with some level of debt. For you to use the word "ALL" and in big capital letters no less, makes you look ignorant. There are plenty of businesses that are very successful and run with absolutely no debt. For you to think otherwise is foolish. My assertion that what I am saying is all relative revolves around everyone's own opinion of what "successful" is. To give you just one of many examples of why you are wrong, I'll simply point you to Dave Ramsey. He runs a completely debt free company. If you don't think he is successful, then you are the ignorant one. And if you think he utilizes one red cent of debt, then you are beyond help. I don't like credit, and I wouldn't advocate it's uses unless you truly understand it's inner workings, but if people want to use it, that's fine with me. There's no incorrect answer to the credit/cash debate. Either way, if you are responsible and pay attention to what you are doing, you will achieve whatever you deem to be "success". I agree that responsible use of credit can help some people. But don't go spouting off falsehoods that you have to know will be disproven as utter BS. It makes you look foolish.[/QUOTE

oh jesus here we go. thanks for blowing my response way out of proportion!

with the exception of a handful of companies that hoard cash. ALL companies run with some level of debt.

even if dave ramsey pays cash for everything, I am sure he has purchase orders and supplies he orders online with a credit card. even using AMEX and paying it off every month is using credit.
Amazon, Philip Morris, Wal-Mart all carry sizable debt loads. All of which have far more earnings then anyone on this site could ever achieve
Amex, Capital One, Discover, and even the great Berkshire Hathaway, all of which are monsters in the financial world have Billions of dollars in long term debt.

Anything else Economics Genius?

Page generated in 0.03581 seconds with 7 queries