View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPZ Enterprises View Post
sweet man!! cant tell from pics but is it a 2500 or 3500srw?? awsome non the less
Its a 2500, I absolutely love it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
not understanding why you would sell 2 of the most productive pieces of snow removal equipment on the market to "buy" a truck that isn't going to make you anymore money then a hemi. At best it gives you some brownie points on here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well you'd have to understand what is happening with my business to understand the decision. Because of the scope of our snow removal work (large, demanding accounts) we've traded in our trucks every 4 years, the plows included. The purpse is to reduce, if not eliminate down time. The Wideout was giving us a few issues regardless, so I was able to sell it privately. The Hemi also was having some on going electrical issues, brake controller had a problem, and the fuel was unreal.

That is where the Cummins came into play along with a new plow which I am having trouble deciding. The Wideout is nice, the Blizzard 810PP was nice, but theres so many moving parts, I might get a straight blade with wings.

Continuing the issue of minimum downtime, I sold the Kage privately also, as a new unit. The account where it would be best utilized is out of the picture and we don't need to ability to run a pusher and straight blade. The Kage also stuck out quite far in front of the skid and w/o counterweights it was bouncing on the road, and all of our accounts are accessed by road. That will be replaced with a used but very low hour pusher, probably a Protech. The S205 is the main machine for snow for me, and I'd be running thet pusher all the time anyway, so it makes more sense to go spend less than half the money on a dedicated pusher with no moving parts.

So I didn't sell the Hemi, plow, salter and Kage just so I could go buy a new diesel, that is outlandish. My desire to get into excavation work, along with the purchase of the Bobcat, and fuel prices pushed the decision for a Cummins. Hope that answers your questions.

Page generated in 0.03837 seconds with 7 queries