Thread: hedge trimming
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I love doing hedge trimming. I do a three step look. Look at a distance trim and when your done look back again at every angle. I always blow off the loose stuff then do a final trim. I then use my shears on anything that is tight like boxwoods that are around objects or the bottom where the mulch is with the shrub. After a trim or two you will "GET TO KNOW" the plant and you will be able to get the feel of it and increase your speed. I always use WD40 before and after I use them and run them for away so it cleans it.

If it's a full service account I always look at the work I have done to make sure there aren't any loose dead crap that is left over. I am very picky and will hand pick anything that I missed weeks later which is rare.

I don't like echo products but there hedge trimmers are good. I recently bought a $450 Huqsvarna hedge trimmers 2 years ago and I am very happy with them except they do drink gas but they always start easily and have no vibration.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."

Last edited by soloscaperman; 10-21-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.03385 seconds with 7 queries