Thread: New ram 1500's
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS LLC View Post
And then buy stock in the tire company of your choice because you're going to eat tires. When I bought my limited slip dodge 2500 a friend warned me that it goes through tires quick and I thought he was full of it... I get about 10K miles out of a set of tires before they are down too far to make it through a winter plowing.

Don't get me wrong, I do like having the limited slip, especially for plowing but it is exclusively a work truck. My daily driver doesn't have it and I'm just fine with that seeing as how I get about 40k miles out of a set of tires on that truck.
I would guess they were either real soft performance tires, or you had a bad set. i never go threw tires like that. course, i dont drive like alot of guys. i take it easy when i drive, saves gas and wear on the truck. the only time my tires skid is if im on gravel. limited slip isnt like a locking diff or 4wd. if you drive easy, your wheel wont skid and you wont lose rubber.

to my best understanding. but i sure dont go threw tires. frankly any tire that only gets 10-15k has something wrong with it, or they are super performance tires.

either way. limited slip every time, i dont like getting stuck pulling 5k lbs of sod threw mud.

Page generated in 0.04326 seconds with 7 queries