View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubetit View Post
I've been reading through some of these documents (yes, it gets expensive) and I just laugh. When Dupont is inspecting a property they have to record all vegetation that looks to be damaged, not just the tree and plants pointed out by the homeowner etc. Dupont however doesn't have to revisit any of the previous properties were claims were already filed. Wouldn't that be just about everyone?

I have the official tree height payment schedule as well as the tree removal cost schedule. It's good to see all these DuPont documents at least.
Does the class settlemment offer any compensation for the things I know I've suffered such as property value loss, real soil remediation for all ground affected (since we know it migrates and can damage new plants and possibly stunt growth of existing plants not yet evaluated), compensation for the fact in the digging process my utility lines must be removed and replaced, electrician must be hired (that's about $2000 for me not including retrenching or permits), and another biggie... loss of value when/if the state or county makes me declare the toxin to potential buyers in the future if I don't get all the lawn ripped up and soil replaced which of course would mean a total relandscaping of any part of my property impacted by Imprelis. I still don't know how long this will remain in my property.

Ubetit, do you see any difference in the tree height payment schedule in this class settlement than what DuPont had already been offering? Also, what about the states that have treble laws, any compensation in that regard for those of us in different states? Will a person get the same check from DuPont from this as if they had agreed to the direct resolution, which of course for me is not acceptable? Does it allow the property owner to receive the check for the amount needed for digging, removal and disposal so the homeowner can decide what company he wants on his/her property or is that part still locked to DuPont paying a third party like in the direct resolution? When is the opt-out expiration date? Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Last edited by Starbuy; 10-28-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.03645 seconds with 7 queries