View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Snow with the leaves still on trees is devastating we got a taste of that last Oct. Parts of ct went about 2 weeks with out power. I went up to see my dealer about 4 days after and barely managed to punch through so many streets were closed and one bad one had over a 100 trees down and crossing it. Nothing like driving under a tree held up only by power wires. And the real sad part that was only Hamden and Bethany they got off light compared to up state in that storm.

And no were not getting snow in CT this storm but 60-80 mph winds with gusts around 100 are projected where I live. I got 4 trucks here atm 1 car and 3 trailers I got to move away from the tree line and somehow get them close to the house. Been putting that off all morning but its getting to the point when i have to make that move.
good i don't want snow yet, but i'm ready if we get it, my saws are all sharpened, oiled, gassed, and cleaned up. i have 9 gallons of gas on hand which is enough for a lot of tree work. 40 gallons of diesel in my truck, 100 gallons in the transfer tank, mini excavator is loaded up on the trailer, full of diesel ready to work, dump truck is filled up, throw line is in the bag, 5/8th rigging line with a 16,500 breaking strength for pulling trees over is coiled in a bucket, and my can't hook and 8lb maul and wedges are at home ready for work. ready to see some trees fall.

Page generated in 0.04728 seconds with 7 queries