View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
I'll be opting out. I have one property in this world, it has been damaged greatly and yet this offer doesn't cover all my loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubetit View Post
Dupont will pay the attorneys in this class action, they won't get a cut out of your settlement. With your own counsel, they may take 30-40% of your settlement. That's one of the things you have to weigh. If you have been offered $20k through dupont, you now need $30k to break even with your own counsel if they charge 30%. I'm more concerned about damage to property values, long-term effects, soil remediation, ancillary expenses and less about my actual trees.
"I'm more concerned about damage to property values, long-term effects, soil remediation, ancillary expenses and less about my actual trees". Exactly. If I try to sell, I have to list that it has tainted soil, who wants to buy something like that? I wouldn't. Right now my yard is horrible, dead trees, dead bushes, pine needles everywhere and with the hurricane moving in, the wind will be bringing down more branches and needles.

Page generated in 0.03958 seconds with 7 queries