View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe billy View Post
120 psi should be enough to start and run OK.
Pinch off the fuel line and pull the rope till it starts. If it starts then the carb is flooding.
If it doesn't start , then you either have a spark issue or leaking crank seals or headgasket.
Did you get the coil gapped correctly. ? Did you check for any side movement on the flywheel when you checked the key ? Is there any crank noise when you pull the rope ?
Well I went home last night filled the gas tank up and replaced the air filter. People everywhere say, check the air filter. I find it hard to believe a dirty air filter would keep it from starting, maybe just a loss of power. Anyway, I sprayed a little starting fluid in the carb and sputtered and died. I had maybe thought that the tank wasn't venting so I cracked the cap and continued to pull. I pulled about with choke on, choke off, same results either way.

EXCEPT!, This time when I pulled the plug I noticed it WASNT wet.? So now I'm really confused. Before I try anything else. I'm going to put a small zip tie on the gas line at the carb (air leak) and try again.

JOE, I didn't check for side movement. You mean like crankshaft play? Also, sometimes there is some weird noise when pulling the rope. Not all of the time, but it just sounds like a piece of rust in the muffler to me. Are you saying that just because compression is good that doesn't mean there is enough crankcase vacuum to pull gas through the carb properly?

rbljack,
Yes I replaced the Needle and screen along with the diaphragm. See the link below for a picture of what my kit consisted of.

K10-HD Carb Kit

Keep them coming

Page generated in 0.03892 seconds with 7 queries