View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Pretty good deal on that 7.3. Too bad it's 2 wheel drive though!

I notice you brought in 14 yards of compost to one job, you must get that material for a decent price down there for that? Most people around here (that I've worked with so far) aren't willing to pay the extra cost to remove the existing soil & haul in new compost type soil but the growing conditions are much better for plants.

I also really like the idea of your picture on the post card as well as something about having a degree in horticulture. My post cards next year will certainly have a picture of myself as well as something to do with stating I have a degree in horticulture because I will have graduated.
Thanks! Not too worried about the 2WD. My truck will be 4wd whenever I replace mine, but so far haven't needed to landscape in a muddy swamp yet. For pulling mowers and materials I have been thoroughly pleased with it.

As far as the compost, I agree, it is rare that a customer is willing to go to the expense of such an extreme excavation. This customer was willing to do so since they were very upset that the last one was done half way. They would of rather the guy admit he didn't know what he was doing when he bid the job and ask for more money than 1/2 way do it and then have to hire me to come in and fix it. (I wasn't in business at the time otherwise would of had the job from the get go.)

I do have a good bulk supplier, probably no better than yours, but the customer had place for the excavated dirt to go on site. That saved a good bit of expense right there.

Good luck with your last few semesters of school. I have no regrets of going to college. It has gotten me a lot of notoriety and publicity in regards to new jobs.

Page generated in 0.03733 seconds with 7 queries